This dog has been with me through some pretty tough times in my life. And some pretty great ones, too. You know those bumper stickers that say "Who rescued who?" I totally get them now. I don't make fun of dog obsessed people because chances are, I'm probably slightly crazier. :p
Each year for his birthday I like to bake him something special. This year I took him to a park and documented the occasion. I hope your dog enjoys this recipe as much as Hudson does!
This year I used a recipe from keepingmycents.com and it turned out great!
- 2-½ cups water
- ½ cup canned pumpkin (PURE Pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup peanut butter (I used creamy)
- 3-½ cups flour (whole wheat flour is better for dogs but you can use regular if need be)
- ½ cup oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
(For the frosting I just mixed some non fat cream cheese with cinnamon and honey and slapped it on for extra taste.)
I still can't believe my baby is 3!!! He was just 9 weeks old when we brought him home. Do you guys do anything special for your pets birthdays?